Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
I dream of Genie. - Page 2 Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

I dream of Genie.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xala

Xala

I dream of Genie. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Karma flinched hard when Tim yelled. For such a big man, he certainly had the voice to match. She was scared of him. The genie whimpered, "Jace, listen to him. It's ok." She cowered under Tim as he yelled and yelled and grabbed Jace, lifting him off the ground. Karma slowed her breathing and closed her eyes, waiting for the final wish, and to disappear from the perfect world forever. His whisper was barely audible but she heard it like he yelled it in her ear. Her face paled and her heart stopped. A warm feeling rushed over her skin and the glowing golden chain markings on her wrists and ankles became black and plain. She shrieked when he was kicked down and crawled over to him to see if he was ok.

She twitched again and looked up at Tim as he yelled. Karma shook her head and began to cry, "I can't. He made the final wish, there is nothing else I can do. I can't save her!! I'm sorry..." This was never how she pictured her freedom happening. She always imagined some amazing scene, a handsome prince granting her her freedom and she would stay with him and live happily ever after. There was lots of light, and shining, and a real magical scenario. It was never this...never a man's decision of whose life he should destroy.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Tim balled up a fist at the purple haired woman but before taking his swing, he let it go and let out a yell before stomping off. "Mother fucking Joke! That's what you are Jace! Can't be man enough to do what's right! It's your fault she's dead!" He turned and walked away toward town while the other circus people picked Jace and Victoria's body. Jace was taken to a tent and Victoria was taken to be cremated and her body.

A week went by where Jace refused to leave his carriage. Every now and again, the green fox could be seen eating something outside before slinking it's way back in, it's tail between his legs. Tim returned a few days after the incident, refusing to talk to Jace or Karma. He went to his tent and lifted his weights, a frown permanently on his face.

Karma had been taken in rather quickly. No one blamed her for what happened to Victoria, they even allowed Karma to have the clothes. Said that Tori would have wanted Karma to have them. On the day that they were traveling, headed to a Reveran city, one of the jugglers came to Karma.

"You should go speak with Jace... He won't talk to anyone else. Maybe he will you."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 pm

Karma hid her face in her arms when Tim's fist rose. His yell made her look up momentarily, but was too afraid to watch the bear-man expose his anger. He was genuinely terrifying.

Time passed and she was happy to be accepted into the little family. She had taken the costumes to a seamstress in town who was altering them to better fit her. Karma felt truly honored to be able to wear Tori's costumes, so she needed to be sure she wore them well.

When the juggler approached her about speaking to Jace, she looked sadly over at the carriage he had been hiding in. Every day she thought about him...she had been so worried. Karma nodded and made her way over to the door, knocking on it before creaking the door open and stepping up inside, "Jace? Jace it's Karma...please answer me?"

Last edited by Xala on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : herped the derp on spelling)
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm

When Karma entered the room, she didn't see a man. She saw an unkempt room, with shirts all over the floor, and a fox laying curled up in the bed. He let out a whine when Karma walked in and he sat up his head for a moment before letting it fall back down. The green little fox didn't seem to have his usual vigor as he had before.

He managed to transform back, into a slightly more skeletal Jace. "Hello Karma. Just call me Joke... that's what I am. Just a big Joke..."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:04 pm

Karma sighed and walked over to the bed, sitting down beside him. When he transformed she gasped and observed what flesh she could, "Jace...you haven't been eating hardly anything. Please don't make yourself sick. You've given me a family, a new life, my freedom...it's not the same without you in it. I made some stew, if I brought you a bowl, would you eat it?" She shook her head and folded her legs under her, "You're not just a big joke to me. You're my friend, remember? You said it yourself!" Her voice sounded a little panicked, and she didn't like that. Jace was her friend...he was her first friend she'd had in hundreds of years. She owed him everything for what he did for her.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Jace looked down at himself and nodded. Sure he'd eat. It wasn't that he didn't feel the hunger, it was more that he didn't care. He wasn't purposely not eating, just forgetting. As she mentioned being friends, he lifted a hand and poked her on the forehead gently. "Yeah... friends." He leaned back in his spot and looked over the room. "She only went with him because of me..."

Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Karma crossed her eyes to follow the finger as it poked her forehead and let her head fall back a bit when it made contact. She bowed her head and looked away, "She was never afraid. I can promise you that. When you made your wish, you asked for her to always have a reason to smile. And so she did. I made sure of it. Even when she decided to...follow him...whatever happened, I can promise you she always had a reason to smile. I-I don't know if there is any comfort in knowing that she died happy, but she did."

She had a feeling that nothing she could say would make him think otherwise, to convince him not to blame himself. She didn't expect her to be that talented. Instead, Karma decided she would just be there for him. However that was. If he just needed someone to sit in a room with, to talk at, to stand next to, whatever. She would be there.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:22 pm

Jace stared at the floor for a moment thinking. He'd done that a lot the last few days, just thinking. The thing was, Karma was right. Tori had entered death with a smile on her face. Isn't that the goal of everyone in the world? To be so happy that on the day of their death they can go willingly? With a smile on their face? With that, Jace began to smile himself. "Yeah... That's the only way to really live in this world isn't it? With a smile." He grinned a little harder and stood up from his spot.

He gave Karma that grin again and winked before transforming once more to his fox state and ran out of the moving carriage, sprinting full pelt back to where Victoria had been killed. He ran for days, eating whatever he could along his journey. He didn't know if Karma was following him and he didn't care. He ran and ran until he finally saw the gates arrive.

Jace made his way inside the city and padded around, people pointing at the strange green fox. Jace went to the bar that he had first met the man and transformed back, a smile planted firmly on his face.

He waited until the sun was well below the horizon and the man was stumbling out of the pub. Jace followed him silently the whole way back to his home. The man was too drunk to notice the fox following him, but that only served Jace's purpose. The man went into his home and passed out in his chair.

Jace managed to sneak in through a window in the back and walked through the house a bit. He found a set of rope and a few knives. 'This outta work out nicely...' he thought. He strolled his way behind the chair and promptly wrapped the rope around the man and tied the knot before the man had the chance to figure out what was going on. Jace stood in front of the man and did the same to his feet, wrestling with him until he was nice and trapped in the chair. Jace stood up and grinned at him. "Hello there...."

The man blinked and looked at the green haired man. "Oh... you... Get me outta this so I can beat your sorry ass down."

Jace shook his head and pulled out two knives, one in each hand. The man squinted, trying to figure out what he was doing when suddenly Jace brought them down on each of the man's hands sitting on the arm rest. The man let out a scream of pain and terror as Jace basically staked him to his own chair.

Jace paced around. "Oh come on now... smile... Give me a great.... big... smile." He punched the man in the face. "You know what.... I think that a quick death for you isn't enough... I need a smile for that." The man just stared. Jace looked over to the side where he saw the lanterns and candles. "ohhh... Where there are lanterns there is oh.. there it is." He picked up a can of lantern fuel. He promptly poured it all over the man's crotch and lap. "You still aren't smiling..." The man shook his head and started screaming. "Help! This mad man is going to kill me! Help! Dammit! Help!" Jace punched him again and grabbed his face. "I think I'm going to help you to smile... Would you like that? Hm? I bet you would like that. YOU NEED TO SMILE!" He let the man go and pulled a carving knife out. He then jammed it into the cheek of the screaming man and took two large pieces of the cheeks off and then the lips as well, forcing the man to have a gruesome skeletal smile covered in blood. Jace stepped back, covered in the stuff before taking the candle that was on the table and dropping it in his lap, setting him on fire.

Jace stepped out of the house, turned into a fox and ran. He ran and ran until he was so far out of the gates he couldn't even see the city anymore. The troupe was probably sitting at the next city... he could probably catch up with them soon. He just sat there and stared up at the stars. "Karma... I know you are there.... Come out."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 pm

Karma watched with troubled eyes when he suddenly began to smile. Her words could not have possibly made him see the light so quickly. She was magic, but not THAT magic. The freed genie stood up as he grinned his way out the door and of course, she followed him. He wasn't her master anymore, but he was her friend! She couldn't just let him disappear like that, not after what happened to him. Karma wouldn't know what to do with herself if something a even more serious happened to him.

She followed him for days, hidden in the shadows for the most part. With no intention of interfering with whatever business he had, she decided to remain unseen. It was when she noticed he entered the bar that she had a slight idea of what was going on...and to be honest with herself, she kind of liked it. Karma followed more, waiting outside the man's house, watching through the window. It took a lot of strength not to run in there to get a closer look, and the fact that it did, scared her. Karma had been through a lot in her era of slavery, but was it really enough to call for an insatiable lust for killing others? Was that really her motivation? Or was she just so impressionable by Jace that she wanted to share things with him...wanted to make him happy by doing things that made him happy...

When the man started to scream for help, her heart beat quickened and she pressed herself against the stone sill of the window, peering in closer. It was intriguing. She grimaced slightly when the filets of flesh were removed but couldn't look away from the bodily destruction. This...was her master. The guy that gave her a new home, family, friendship...he did that. The burst of flames made her lean back out of the window again, in fear of being seen in the light it cast.

Jace was off again into the night, and so was she. The sneaky gal sat in a tree watching the little green fox read the stars, wanting so badly to know more about him. And about herself. Why hadn't what she had just seen, disgust her? He carved a man's face off while he was still alive...and she was not turned away. Was there something wrong with her? A sigh escaped her lips when he ordered for her to show herself, and she obeyed. The figure plopped down from the tree and lightly stepped up beside him, setting herself down in the grass as well. She grinned slightly, "Karma is always there...that was that one guy. The one that hurt Victoria. How do you feel?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Jace sat down on the grassy hill and looked back passed the horizon. There was a good chance the house had caught fully on fire and the neighbors had found him. No one would be able to pin Jace with this. No one knew him and the guy probably had plenty of enemies. He looked over at Karma with that same smile. "So what now? Are you going to run away screaming and tell the guard on me? Or are you gonna tell me off on how crazy that was?" Her words caught his ear and he scrunched his eyes. "That guy is the one that hurt Victoria... Yet that wasn't what made me enjoy it..."

He pulled a knife from his vest and turned it over in the darkness. "Felt good... It was funny... Made me smile." He grinned before slipping the blade back where it belonged. "Reminded me of all the best jokes I'd heard. Haa... Am I still a joke to Tim you think? Perhaps I am. Maybe I'll be that! A Joek! Bringing 'smiles' to people who need them! hahaha" He stood up and patted Karma on the shoulder. "So what's it going to be?" He cocked an eyebrow. "Still want to be a friend to someone like me?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:41 pm

She didn't answer him, still lost in her own thoughts. When he mentioned his name change she just shrugged, "I like the name Joek. It's symbolic, that's for sure. Besides...new hair, new name...it works." Her bright eyes reflected the moonlight when she looked up at him, like the eyes of a big cat. She pulled herself to her feet, "Not only do I want to be friends with someone like you...but I feel like I need to." Karma couldn't bring herself to tell him why, to tell him she felt...happy, too. She didn't know how. In time, as she would grow closer to him with this new found urge of his, maybe she could learn how to.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Jace listened to her and nodded his head. She seemed to have a good grasp of what was going on. Perhaps she had seen more gore in her life than he knew. He walked up to her, grabbed her by the hand and pulled her toward the direction they had to head for the troupe. It'd be a long journey, but they had a lot to discuss. Joek now was the ringleader of the circus and Karma was his ruthless counterpart for it.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 am

Karma smiled a widely when he grabbed his hand. In the past, when a man grabbed her hand, bad things happened. But she wasn't afraid of Jace, of Joek. Despite what she had just witnessed, she was not afraid. Maybe she was making excuses in her mind. That was a bad man after all! He deserved what he got. If she was a good girl, then she would stay safe. It made sense!

Karma let him lead her through the forest. After a moment or two of silence she spoke up, "What was it like?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:52 pm

Joek turned to face her when she spoke. "What did it feel like?" He chuckled and looked at the sky for a second before looking back. "It's like holding your breath... Like plunging your head under water, looking into a placid world where nothing is real." He slipped the blade from his vest once more and twirled it in his hands. "It's a moment of absolute power.... Unlimited power over someone. It's like you are their God... It's relaxing... It's terrifying... And when you use the power to take another's life.... It's exhilarating." He grabbed the knife by the blade and offered the hilt to Karma.

"Feel the weight of the blade in your hand.... Imagine if you could make someone feel whatever you want them to. Relief to being able to escape.... Fear as you bring it close... Pain as you cut the flesh... Terror as you stab... and finally.... peace.... as the person leaves the world." It was something that Joek loved to do. He wouldn't admit it to anyone, but when he killed that man... he loved it. It tasted better than any food he'd ever tasted.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Unlimited power over someone else. That was a new concept for Karma. She was an extraordinarily powerful creature, contained some of the greatest magic in the universe, yet it was never her own. With all that power...and she couldn't do a damn thing without someone's permission. She had ended people's lives in the past, multiple times. But it was never with her own freedom. Her decision to do so. To be able to take a life because she wanted to...it was a unique thing to imagine. Karma took the blade in her hands and stared longingly at it. A dark smile crept onto her face, her lips like a snake uncoiling into something sinister, "It sounds like an incredible experience."

Then...a brilliant thought entered her mind. The men that owned her...her six evil masters. They were probably all still alive, and still very wealthy. If she really stuck with Jace, the chances of them performing for those men were high. Her heart beat faster and her head started to hurt a little. She wanted to kill them. She wanted to kill them all!

Karma held the blade back out to him, breathing to calm herself, "An incredible experience indeed."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 3:03 pm

The two walked the entire way back to where the camp was and Joek made his way to his carriage while Karma was sent to Tori's old tent. The group had been out advertising all day, and the show was due to start in just a little while. They were now in a small part of Luxur one of the other cities, and Joek was grinning ear to ear. Many in the troupe were still mourning the loss of Victoria, but most were able to move on and get back to their usual selves. in this world, people died, it was part of the gig.

When the people start showing up for the show, Joek was back to his happy go lucky exterior. Anyone who looked in his eyes though would see something a bit darker, the fox eyes becoming more and more prominent every minute. He made his way over to Karma and gave her a grin. "So how's business tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Karma was sat behind one of the large curtained areas, making just a few last minute adjustments to her costume. It wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it would at least reduce the chances of a costume malfunction by a little. She looked up and grinned in return, "Going great. The buskers should be getting back any minute. I came back early to fix my costume of course." Finishing a final knot, she took to her feet and draped the costume over her elbow, "I met a noble today. He wants a private show with some of our 'best performers' during a celebration with his court. I told him to come to the public show tonight to speak with you about it." Laughing a little, she shook her head, "This...this brings back memories from when I was human. Only this time, I think I like it more."

She excused herself and disappeared behind the curtain to change swiftly. When Karma returned to sight, she was adorned in a small outfit that was decorated in an array of reds, oranges, and yellows. The less fabric, the less chance of catching on fire and dying slowly in front of a traumatized audience. Made sense to her!
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Joek had had plenty of nobles ask for a few of his performers. He'd normally allow them to go and do their show without him there. He had no wish to cater to the fat and rich. Their coin was good to the performers though so why should he stop them from enjoying the extra work. He didn't own them. Now with it being Karma, that made him squirm a little. He didn't like the idea of leaving her alone. What if something bad happened to her. She was all he had left of Victoria... She was Victoria's sacrifice in essence. So he placed his top hat firmly on and gave a bow as she went out. He'd go along with her, just to be safe.

Once he was out in the crowd once more, a man came up to him grabbing his hand and shaking it fiercely. "Hello sir, I am Jason Varen. I was hoping to book your troupe for a night at a party I'm holding within the city. Would you be interested?"

Joek released the man's hand and took off his top hat and tilted his head, smiling briefly. "Of course. We would love to give you a show you won't forget." The man looked elated and clapped his hands together. Joek smiled again and crossed his arms. "I doubt you'd like the entire cirque running around your home. Do you have any in mind that you'd like to have?" The man shook his head and looked around the room. "Oh no sir, I want all of it! It'll be a grand party with lords and ladies from across the lands!" Joek smiled brightly before nodding. "Just say when and where and we will give you the fantasy you deserve." The man quickly scribbled some notes on a paper and handed it to him. "I will see you then."

Joek put the paper in his pocket and ran a hand through his hair. This was going to make for an interesting night. Once Karma was off the stage, Joek pulled her to the side and showed her the paper. "I need you to read this to me..." Joek seemed a bit defeated and ruffled about it. "I can't read."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 am

Karma bounded off the stage to greet her not-as-happy ringleader with a cocked head. When he pulled her to the side, she took the paper he handed her and stared at it for a short moment while he spoke. When he revealed to her that he couldn't read, Karma started to giggle a little. Of course, she would never laugh at someone's misfortunes (unless they were really funny!)--instead she laughed at the situation.

The genie sighed, "Perhaps you should have wished for the ability to read when you had the chance." She gave him a sweet smile and looked around, "Jace...Joek...I can't read either." It was something she was ashamed of, and she had told herself that one day she would learn, but things happened and she never got around to it. Even if she could learn just the basics--everything learned had basics, right?--that would be enough to get by with.

Still holding the paper, she looked around once more, "I'll go find someone to read it for me." She didn't want him to have to go to his performers to ask for something of that nature. He seemed unhappy with it, even around her. He didn't need that secret getting out to the others if they didn't know.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 am

The troupe made their way to the noble's house. It was the day of the party and everyone was excited. These rich folks always paid out more than the poorer that came to their shows. They worked on a tipping basis, so they performed for everyone, but while children were great audience members, they didn't give enough to fill their bellies, not that they blame them!

So the group all set up their respective booths and Joek sat by the edge. He hated being around these types of people. They didn't see his friends as performers, they saw them as freaks. He hated being thought of as that. Some side animal to have rocks thrown at because he didn't deserve their air. It was sickening.

The night came, and the show started, Joek sitting on the same barrel throughout the night. Not talking to anyone really. The noble showed up to him and put his hands on his hips. "Alright, you have me sold. I'll take them off your hands."

Joek blinked and looked up at him from under his top hat. "Excuse me?"

The man chuckled. "I'll buy them all from you. Name your price." Joek shook his head. "They aren't for sale. They aren't my possessions, they are my family."

"Well you can stay with them too if you like, a good ringleader is always appreciated. You will set up shop in this city, and entertain my guests." No children... none of the poor. This man was going to take the smiles from all those he didn't feel worthy.

"No." Joek said this with a firm tone. The noble's smile faded and he looked Joek in the eye.
"Listen boy, you better take the deal. I can always buy them individually." Joek shook his head. "No you couldn't. I own their contracts. They leave me, and I get all their gear. And not even you will get the kind of gear I have for them." The man paled and pointed at a few men to come over. They promptly grabbed Joek by the arms and pulled him off the barrel. "We are going for a little chat eh? Ohhh can't wait!" He began to laugh as they led him toward the house. As they went, Joek caught Karma's eye. He gave her a wink before vanishing into a cellar door.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Karma had been showing a few small fire tricks for a couple members of the noble's party. Her finger tips were starting to ache from performing fire transfers with the oil, and her skin on her hand was beginning to blister. In a strange way, it felt kind of nice.

She looked up to see Joek was not in the spot she had just left him, and so her golden eyes flitted to and fro until they met his own. Karma frowned as she understood what was happening and pushed through the crowd to a slightly more secluded area before swiftly dissipating into a barely visible cloud of black smoke. It quickly seeped across the floor, squeezing under the cellar door and following the sound of scuffling and footsteps. Of course Joek would find a way to get into some kind of trouble! It was only natural.

Once inside the cellar chamber, she quietly returned to her human form, unable to keep in the other for much longer. Hidden in the shadows like a mouse, she descended silently, listening in. Something bad was going to happen, that was obvious. She withdrew two throwing knives from her belt and crept, ready to defend herself. Just because he was no longer her Master, it did not mean she did not feel the need to stay by him.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Joek kept looking from his left to his right, smiling at the guards. He made little quips at them like, "So are you two together? You make a lovely couple... which one is the wife?" He chuckled before being turned and slammed into a chair. They made quick work to tie him down and lit a few torches so that the room was well lit, but the doorway was not. The nobleman stepped forward from the three and slipped on a glove. "Tell me boy, why won't you sell your circus to me? I'll make them all very rich."

Joek looked up at smirked at the man, his tophat fallen and forgotten on the way here. "Well sir... I suppose I have to say it's because you are a fat ugly sloth of a man who can't please his own wife with his shriveled man-" His words were cut off as one of the men stepped forward and decked him across the face. Joek spit some blood and bent his head down. A sound began to echo through the room. It was a gutteral sound that echoed itself in intervals. Joek sat himself back up and opened his mouth, the gutteral sounds became guffaws of laughter. "Come now ladies! Show me more!"

The two looked at their boss before stepping forward again. This was when Joek noticed Karma sitting by the walkway. Joek caught her eye and made a subtle shake of his head. The boys kicked Joek's chair over, making him land on his back, beating him with arms, feet, one even had a rod. The thuds became more and more wet sounding as time went on but the same sound went through the room, laughter. Pure, loud, and full of merriment. The men backed off and the noble sat Joek back up. "So... have you reconsidered my offer?" Joek leaned his head up and twisted his neck until it popped satisfyingly. "Sure... I'll sell them to you." The nobleman clapped his hands and smirked. "Alright, name your price boy." Joek smirked and looked down at his lap. The chuckling started up again before Joek's broken hand slipped from it's bond, snapped back into place with a flick, snatched his knife, and slammed it through the man's chin.

Once the leader was dead, the two others closed in, Joek leaned back so that he fell, leaving them as open targets, "NOW KARMA!"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 1:28 pm

The man wanted to buy the circus? Did he honestly think they were just animals or objects? She couldn't help but smirk just a little, We must be really good at acting then.

The beatings started and her smirk became a face of horror. Joek didn't want her to interfere, to not get hurt. She could understand and respect that, but...listening to them destroy his body like some kind of meat tenderizing ceremony was too much to bare. She had to help him! The laughter though...he was laughing. She couldn't understand why, and it scared her.

When they sat him back up she whimpered to herself in sadness at the amount of blood that covered his face and body. He was still laughing. Her heart quickened as they exchanged words and she could almost feel the beating in her throat. Everything seemed to move so slowly, yet it happened within seconds. The nobleman was stabbed in the chin and her name was called. That was an order!

Without hesitation, the remainder of her blades were drawn from her belt and slung at high speed toward the two men. One of them leaned down to grab Joek as he fell, allowing the blades to miss him by mere inches, and stick in the wood in front of him. The other...was not so lucky. Three daggers were sunk into his flesh, one in the back of the shoulder, one in the neck, and one at the lower end of the skull. He dropped like a bag of horse feed, creating a reaction from the comrade. Karma moved with great speed, snatching two of the blades from the dead body as the other swung the rod at her. Her agility allowed her to react quickly, and ducked easily before turning the crouch into a spring.

Like a feral ape, the woman flew at his top half, holding a knife in her right hand with the tip pointed down. In that second, her sick fantasy was coming to life. The blade came down quickly, digging into the front of his throat while simultaneously knocking him to the ground. Karma fell on top of him, letting her fists strike the knives into his chest and neck until the blood became a personal shower. He stopped struggling and she inhaled deeply. It was only a brief second, but she sat in silence...relishing in the warm liquid that saturated her clothes and skin. It smelled like hot, wet iron...and victory. Freedom. She crawled over to Joek, leaving a happy, red trail of liquid behind her, "Joek? Joek, let's get out of here." The now red dagger in her hand cut the rope that bound him.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 11:26 pm

Joek wrested his arm from the chair and grabbed the coat that the noble had been wearing. He made quick work to snap his joints back into place and wiped the blood off his face onto the coat. Joek shook his head at the girl and stumbled his way through the doorway until they were outside again. "Perhaps we let the other performers continue. Let the authorities find the bodies later. We how ever, cannot stay." He grabbed her by the hand and walked her quickly out of the city and down toward a river that their campsite was set up. Those left behind to guard were curious as to why they were back so soon, but were quickly silenced at the sight of blood.

The green haired man managed to make it down to the river and stripped down before hopping into the water. He began wringing out and cleaning his clothes. "The trick," He said, "Is to clean them before the stain settles in. Otherwise it's damn near impossible."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:46 am

Karma grimaced at the sound of the joints popping back into place. It would not matter how many people she killed, that sound would always freak her out. Nodding in understanding, she let herself be led by the hand back to the safety of their camp.

She lightly stepped toward the river, peering into it as if it were some magical crystal ball. Getting closer, she could see her reflection in the water beneath the moonlight. Her bloody fingers touched her face gently...she was smiling! It was not a big smile, but one of soft innocence. She looked up to see Joek already in the water, ringing out his clothes.

Nodding again, she quickly stripped herself. She could barely see Joek through the darkness, so he wouldn't be able to see her, right? A small sigh escaped her lips when she slid into the water...it was cool and refreshing. She began to copy his moves and started to ring out her clothing. It made sense why killers so often wore black now! Black is a hard color to stain...she would never wear all black of course. Unless it was covered in gems and sequins perhaps...black was just not flashy enough!

She glanced up and blushed hard. Her vision in the dark was starting to adjust to the pale moonlight and more of his body came into view. She shook her head. Karma had seen him shirtless before, it wasn't a big deal! She started to laugh a little as she felt the slippery substance wash down her arms from the clothes. The feeling of it revisiting her skin took her back to the kill and her heart beat hard again. She grinned hard, "That...was incredible. Such a release like none other." She felt like she needed to be disgusted by what she had done, but she was elated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I dream of Genie.   I dream of Genie. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I dream of Genie.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2