Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pesty

Pesty

Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] Empty
PostSubject: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Finch and Himmel had easily spotted the Lafayette estate once they were airborne. Tracing it in their minds they then had taken off for some mountains off to the east to gather Finch's son and the dwarven nanny, Freya. Himmel's mate, Luft, is also coming with them to check out the grounds her mate will be frequenting. The worried mother is also bringing along her youngest whom are too young to adopt out just yet. They would have left the hatchlings to be watched by the teenaged gryphons but the older siblings have been nest-sitting all week long and deserve a break. Finch has herself seated on Himmel's back with her son over with Freya on Luft. She has her hatchling fly with Freya only because, in case of danger, Finch knows aerial combat while the ground-happy dwarfette is utterly frustrated by it.

The group had set out quickly and quietly, leaving behind the secret mountain top that served as their vast aerie. Behind them the adoptable adolescent gryphons watched, grinding their beaks or grooming themselves, happy to be home alone for a time without supervision. It would only last for the day as Luft planned on returning to them after doing her inspection of the grounds. Flying low along the treetops they all watched in amusement as the hatchlings chirped, snatching up bramble and leafy branches alike to present to their parents mid-flight. The small flock arrived without fuss, landing an easy five minute walk away. Finch wants to prepare the gryphons and her son before interacting.

The child had recently turned three and was well developed. Clean, healthy and with very bright eyes he could easily be mistaken as the son of a well off family. His features are right now unknown, bundled up in a large, over sized pale blue sweater the covered his knees, wearing black leggings as well as a blue and white striped owl hat. Eyes closed he is leaning against Luft's ruff, not even having to hold on since the gryphon matriarch has her wings arched to cradle him in place on her back.

Finch led the front with Freya, Luft walking behind them with the toddler on her back. Behind the golden lightning gryphon is a string of bouncing, fluttering, peeping hatchlings. Himmel brings up the rear behind the four hatchlings marching behind their mummy, glancing over his shoulders every few meters with his cranial crest erect in warning, uneasy in unfamiliar territory. "...Finch are ye sure about this?" the tribal dwarfette asked her friend as they approached the front double doors.

The rogue smiled and looked down at her friend before glancing over her shoulder to the sight of her flock and child. "Not at all, my friend. We can't keep living like animals though." looking forth again she held up her hand. The gryphon adults stopped, their hatchlings scurrying around them with wide eyes, hooting and clucking and chirping at the sight of the mansion. This is their first time seeing a man-made structure. Finch chuckles, seeing her son sleeps through the familiar ruckus, before walking up the steps with Freya and knocking on the door.

Last edited by Pesty on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:52 pm

Shayd stepped out of his home when he smelled the company on it's way. His auburn eyes scanned the skies, seeing them on fast approach. Once they landed, he turned to what seemed to be Himmel's mate. Interesting.

His eyes scanned the group, falling upon the young one with Finch. "Naturally." He looked at the boy, then back to Finch. "Well met Finch. Would you like to introduce us?"
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 am

Luft kept a sharp eye on Shayd, hanging back with her brood and Himmel. The blue male gryphon carefully began to groom her ruffled neck to keep her calm. Finch wasn't surprised to see the assassin was already outside waiting for them, she must not have noticed him there when she approached the door. With a curt nod she first cast an arm to the dwarf next to her. "This is Freya. She is both a friend and caretaker of my son. Speaking of..."

Finch walked back a few meters over to Luft. Clucking her tongue gently to keep the nervous female at ease she pulled the boy off of that feathered back. The child fussed a bit, squirming around until he could sleepily wrap his arms around Finch's neck. Cradling his bum with her left arm the right arm slung along his back as she returned to Shayd. "And this, Master Shayd, is my son, Larke. Larke...come now songbird, meet Master Shayd." she rubbed at the toddler's back a bit briskly.

Roused from his sleep the rogue's son grunted before opening his eyes, sitting back to stare at his mother reproachfully. He then turned his head sideways to Shayd now. Being half incubus showed in the toddler. Healthy skin, a cherub face forming and his eyes. The left eye is as dark green as his mother's while the right eye is golden as his father's was. Larke sniffled a bit, rubbing his nose as he was still waking up. He rested his head on Finch's shoulder and blinked his fluffy eyelashes at the white haired stranger. "Hi Shod."

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Shayd kept his distance from the animal, able to sense it's unease. He stayed silent as the introductions were made, nodding his head toward the mother as the boy was shown to him. He leaned in close to the child, examining him. He felt that he knew the father... to an extent. It made his blood fizz slightly at the thought of the situation it implied.

He took a deep breath through his nose, engulfing the child's scent and writing it to memory as only a vampire could, closing his eyes as it was characterized in his mind.

"Well met young Larke. You and your mother shall be under my care from this point on. I am sure one day you will make a fine man, no matter you path." All that was written in his scent. So foreign, yet so inviting.

He was given some great and terrible gifts.

Shayd's attention returned to the flighted creatures.

He gave a bow of his head to Himmel, and then again to his mate.

His attention finally made it's way to the dwarf.

"A dwarf who doesn't mind the air. You are at odds with your nature. I commend you. You are welcome in my house as long as you require. That is if you wish to continue to be Larke's caretaker?"
Back to top Go down
Pesty

Pesty

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:36 pm

Larke, despite being sleepy, retained a good amount of sparked curiosity as he stared at Shayd and nodded when the man spoke to him. He understood the gravity of the man's words. Remaining here would be very different but he knew he was not trapped here. At the very least his young wild spirit would not permit him to be trapped.

Himmel returned Shayd's respectful nod and did the same, fanning his glorious tail in greeting. His mate returned the gesture stiffly, still displaying the traces of lightning zinging through her plummage. She was very nervous in this setting, having been in the wild all her life. Though with her mate so calm she was not hissing at least.

Freya grunted lightly, pulling out her pipe and lighting it with a match to begin smoking, making sure the smoke blew away from those around her. "Aye Master Shayd, if ye'd have me here I plan to stay. I have been topside since Finch here was born. Nanny'd her and I've no issue nannying young Larke. He's a good lad, bit too smart for his own good, but good all the same." the dwarf expressed fondly, reaching up to rub a palm against Larke's hat.

Larke gave a small squeak of horror and stubbornly gripped the sides of his hat. "Nuh-UH!" he pouted, in a stage where that hat remained on his head at all times. Finch was personally proud that her son was behaving as were the gryphlets. The hatchlings tumbled about Himmel and Luft's legs softly, play fighting with each other. Looking to Shayd she nodded back towards her feathered family. "And that is Luft, Himmel's mate. The gryphlets you can meet...erm...later. Luft is entirely feral and isn't comfortable around people yet. I--Master, have you kept in contact with that little niece of yours, Fayte? I've been wondering how she has been doing. As well as Cath, Sig and Xala of course. And that big scaly fire lizard."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:23 am

Shayd nodded in turn to the mate once more, "A pleasure Luft." His eyes looked over the boy again, grinning beneath his mask. He had a fire to him. Good, he'd need it to follow his mother.

The Dwarf planning on staying was a burdon from his shoulders. He could focus on Finch, and deal with the child's learnings with Lynn's son. Neat and orderly schedule, just as it was intended.

At the question, Shayd rolled his eyes.

"Naturally, with my network, I learned of the fires of the north and the floods of the west before they had gotten too far inland... I moved the family over the water.... However... Harmful it had been...."

Seeing his manor burned to the ground had not been a pleasant experience. He had taken most of the valuables over already though, finding the manor here in ill repair, and refurbished within 2 years.

"Signal is a guard and mercenary in Revera, as is his daughter and... My sister with them. Dante and his brood migrated to the mountains to the west, along with their son... I believe they were hoping you'd return. Dante and Xala are very grateful for their little Virgil."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]   Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Birds of a feather [Sig,Cath?, Xala]
Page 1 of 1