Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Enter the Master Assassin Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Enter the Master Assassin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Enter the Master Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 4:16 pm

Deep in the woodlands, further than most can make it, where the trees have grown so thick as to block out the sun, there is a clearing. In this clearing stands a manor. A manor unlike those that are in the cities of Revera or Luxor. This was a manor that was ancient in make, but spotless in maintenance. It looked as sturdy and strong as it had the year it was made. Improved upon.

The Manor was a relic from a time long gone, as was it's inhabitant.

The Lafayette family had always owned this land, before the trees had grown, before the paths were covered, there lived a family, a town. This is a story for another time, but know this. This manor became cursed by the visit of evil, and it's corruption spread throughout the area, the very soil is as red as blood beneath the grass and leaves, the grounds were vast, with none but a few homes were the servants lived, mostly vagabonds that had been recruited, orphans as well.

Inside the Manor was extremely lavish and decorated, the carpets all of fine make, the shelves full of books, none of which had any dust to them. A fireplace with a portrait above it gave the home a true feeling of what it was. The only indication of it's age was the white hair of it's inhabitants.

Robert Lafayette, the renowned adviser and scholar was the sole owner of this property. His past was a swirling amount of mystery and untold truths. He'd seen the cycle many times, and stopped it's progression more times than that. Here was where the Immortal Assassin thrived. Shayd.

Shayd has been many things in his life, but foremost, he'd been a mage. Having the ability to create flames, stifle waterfalls, heal all wounds.

It was during a massive calamity that he gained his mark of Vampriism. Instead of giving into the hunger, the man moved onward, fought it, studied his infliction.

Shayd used his immortality to cleanse evil to try and wash his own away.

Xala.... Shayds brightest pupil was to arrive today. He had much to discuss with her for their plans for the evening.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:24 am

Four years had passed since the young apprentice was left behind to train. Xala was given the location of her new bout of training, but this place was special. This was the manor of her beloved Master Shayd. There were few people out there that Xala could say she loved, and Shayd was one of them. She'd do anything for him, just out of the sheer loyalty and trust she had for him. He made her what she was today, and she was proud of that.

And there she was...her money was on that he would not have changed a bit. His face, hair, probably even his clothes. Certainly not his attitude. She had changed though. Her face had matured and lost almost all of her baby fat. She was an inch taller (maybe 3/4 of an inch, but she liked to fudge the math a bit) and considerably more toned. She even learned how to smile a little.

Xala lifted the heavy ring knockers and let them bang against their respected doors a few times. She bent and picked up her heavy sack of things. The sack didn't hold many valuable things...just clothes, a few snacks, bedding--the usual that one would need when making a cross-country trip. Her weapons were all attached to her body like a good little assassin.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:13 am

Shayd heard the knocker on his door, a frown upon his face. He knew her smell before she ever even entered the clearing.

He stepped up to the door, opening it and looking down on the rosy girl, raising an eyebrow at her altercations of body mass and attitude. She seemed, more relaxed. Less on guard. Perhaps he'd need to retrace a few choice lessons. Or maybe it was a front. The years could be cruel or kind depending on the journey.

He didn't say a word, rather turning and starting his walk toward his study.

"You know where your room is, Dinner is in 4 hours."

He acted like she'd been gone a few days, not years.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:22 am

Xala smiled when the door opened, relishing in the sight of her master once again. Even with his cold greeting, she could not help but be glad to see him. She allowed her smile to vanish upon his words and bowed her head, "Yes, Master." She was right...he hadn't changed. At all. It didn't bother her too much except that she was hoping for a bit more than a simple command. Xala sighed on the inside and followed him in.

Her eyes drifted to the all too familiar staircase before speaking, "It won't take me long to unpack. Shall I join you in the study before dinner?" She prayed he would accept. If anything she wanted to be in his company before stuffing her face, perhaps even hear of a tale since her disappearance. Otherwise, she would have to wander the hall for three and a half hours and the anticipation would make her rather annoying to the servants.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:33 am

"If you wish to." He said simply as he stepped back into his study. He sat down in his chair, taking a deep breath. Her scent was already perfuming the usually dusty and boring air. It was.... good... to have her returned.

He opened up his desk, retrieving his quill and ink, beginning to write a letter, the scratching soothing to his ears from the quiet.

He sat and waited for her to join him. He wished to know of her journey
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:43 am

Xala nodded at his answer and smiled slightly once again. Well...it wasn't a no.

She made her way to her bedroom and loaded her old wardrobe with her clothing, placing the rest of her belongings in their determined places. Four years later and she kept similar habits. Xala disrobed and washed her hands and face in the freshly filled basin. She rubbed one of the mint sprigs onto her skin to eliminate some of the nasty traveler's sweat smell and pulled on a new, clean set of clothing. As she turned to leave, a gleam of molten brown caught her eye.

Chocolate.

One of the servants must have placed it there upon hearing of her arrival. Xala snatched it up and nibbled on it at first, forcing herself not to scarf it down. It had been a while since she had this. Some of the kitchen staff made their own chocolate recipes and it was by far the best she had ever had. She continued to munch on it as she made her way back to the study. Finishing it in one final bite, she checked her teeth in the sconce mirror on the wall before entering.

The room opened to her master in his usual place. It really did feel like a home for her. Xala took her place in one of the fancy chair opposite Shayd and his desk.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:12 pm

Shayd took a deep breath as the girl stepped in. "so you found the chocolate I got for you last time I was in Luxor?" He tilted his head at her, taking another breath. "Yes, there will be more of course, but for now don't spoil your supper."

Waving a hand demurely he reached under the table, slipping up a rolled piece of paper and laying it on the table for her.

"Letter from Dante and the little one... They are doing well up in the mountains. Says they miss you and the hatchling even signed it in a pawprint. Still amazing that you two had a child at all. Now that your mission was completed, you will be able to have them visit here or you to them.

Relationship severance training is a hard one to swallow. Of course, now you will cherish them more than ever. It will allow for you to take their safety in your hands more seriously. We hide our faces not for our protection, but for that of the ones we care for."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:30 am

Xala blinked as he mentioned the chocolate. His sense of smell was almost better than hers! She did grin when he casually suggested it was indeed HE that delivered the little token and bowed her head very slightly in an unspoken gesture of appreciation.

The demon showed no emotion when Shayd pulled out the letter from her mate and offspring. She thought about them all the time. If there was anything in the entire universe that could make her regret her decision to continue her work it would be to miss out on her child's first steps...first bites....first kills....all the other sentimental mumbo jumbo. Demons didn't feel a whole lot of "stuff" when it came to emotions, particularly things like remorse and love. But when you undergo something as impossible as childbirth, it changes you a little.

Xala glanced down at the letter and scooted it toward her. Her eyes widened in a sad form and her shoulders shrugged down slightly when she saw the little paw print. Finally, a noticeable kind of emotion graced her stubborn character.

I miss you too...

The chocolate couldn't spoil her supper nearly as hard as this letter did. She didn't want food. She didn't want bed. She wanted them, now. She wanted to kiss and hold her lovelings and feel. Demons didn't have motherly instincts, they never had a reason to. But organisms of all kinds do...and she is living and breathing, is she not? Some kind of instinct was making her tremble.

"I want to see them right away. Please."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:20 am

Shayd watched the girl intently, inwardly pleased at her response. That meant that she took the lesson completely to heart. It wasn't about cutting oneself off. It was about learning how terrible life was without the ones you love. It was to teach them to protect by any means, lest they be trapped in the world they tasted, forever.

Shayd stared intently at her, amber eyes locked onto hers. "In due time Apprentice. Patience is well rewarded. A fact you still have yet to receive." He stood from his spot, and walked his way over to the chair opposite the room, he grabbed his black cloak from it and swung it over his shoulders.

"Now. It is time we go for a walk. There is much to discuss."

He stepped from the room, slinging the black cloak over himself and stepping outside into the dark.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Xala sighed and nodded her head. She knew the answer to her plea before she even made it. It was worth a shot though. She folded the letter gingerly and tucked it into her chest, incidentally, next to her heart. For a while she wondered if having offspring would make her weak...in a demonic sense. But the more she considered it the more she realized that when her spirit returned to the netherworld, she would be at the top of the food chain. Literally. She was the first and only demon to actually give birth. Ever. The idea was still pretty astounding to her.

The demon followed her master outside as instructed and caught up until she walked next to him.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Shayd closed his eyes as soon as the cool night air washed over him. So calming... So peaceful.

He almost didn't notice his apprentice running up to him... She was getting so skilled. He was so proud of her.

"Vynim." He turned to her and bowed his head. As he walked, his cloak swayed behind him. He stepped out through the woods, coming to an opening in the forest. He turned to Xala, and unclasped the cloak, letting it fall to the ground.

He stood there, wearing his Assassin's garb, no weapons visible.

"Vynim. Show me what you've learned."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 am

Deep down in the depths of her mind, Xala had a feeling this would happen. She didn't exactly expect for it to happen the night she returned, but Shayd was unpredictable. Just how a Master Assassin should be. Xala bowed her head in acceptance of his invitation (more like command, rather) and readied her stance. When it came to sparring, she always hated having to strike first as it made her feel vulnerable. However, she knew full well it would inevitably come to that. After all, it was her test, not his.

She moved in a rounded pattern around him, slowly inching closer to distort the eyes' approximation of measurement in the closing of distance. Nothing new, but it was sort of second nature by this point. Xala was a snake demon assassin...speed was her natural ally. This too was nothing new. However, a small, yet important, component had been trained in her absence. The third-of-a-second launch time of an attack had been whittled down to something almost completely unnoticeable. There was no slight elbow recoil for a punch, or weight shift for a kick. While that first unexpected strike was never the strongest, sometimes all you need is that element of shock to get the upper hand quick enough. She knew Shayd did not have ordinary senses, but it was worth a shot.

When within appropriate distance, her left hip flexor drew into her core, squeezing her kneecap up the quadricep, in turn snapping the ball of her boot up towards his chin at an alarming rate of nearly a sixth of a second.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:27 am

Shayd was watching her movements, and yes he was a fast acting person. There was thing though. Even a vampire had it's limitations against other supernatural beings. He was probably a little stronger than Xala, could see in the dark a bit better, but at this point in time. He was not faster.

The amount of reflex he had only allowed for him to widen his eyes slightly before being knocked back.

"You've master your Cobra Strike in a kick... Impressive." He held up his hands, "Again."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:40 am

The thunk of impact from boot to chin made Xala's eyes widen almost twice as big as Shayd's. Immediately her foot landed back beside it's partner. Should...should she feel bad?! She never actually hit him before, not like that! She breathed when he spoke to her and lifted his hands to protect his face. He was fine. He was impressed! That made her smile proudly and move back into position.

She did not hesitate as long as last time and released her right foot from the side, aiming the strike at the side of his head for his wrists to catch. Her knee bent the foot back once more and her left toes curled into the ground, wrenching her hip slightly and forcing a slightly slower but stronger kick at the same target.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 am

Shayd did not give her the benefit of his hesitation this time. This time, he predicted her move rather than retaliate toward it. He vanished.

As the girl's strike came back to her body, he arrived behind her, slipping her into a hold and whispering in her ear. "Again."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enter the Master Assassin   Enter the Master Assassin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enter the Master Assassin
Page 1 of 1